Skip directly to content

DoCS NSW Case worker 'assaulted girl aged 9' - Pru Goward

Like us on fb

Lukes Dad's picture
on Sat, 11/17/2012 - 15:56
Fight Child Protection Department Corruption: 
DoCS NSW Case worker 'assaulted girl aged 9' - Pru Goward

The minister of DoCS NSW Pru Goward urged anyone with information on child abuse by DoCS workers in NSW to contact Luke's Army.

A CASE worker with the NSW Department of Family and Community Services charged with sexually abusing a girl has been refused bail.

The 54-year-old man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, did not appear in person when the matter was brought before Newcastle Bail Court today, when bail was formally refused.

The case is due before court again on Monday.

The man was charged on Friday with four counts of aggravated sexual assault on a nine-year-old girl who had been living with his partner.

She has since been removed from the home and the case worker has been stood down, according to state Minister for Family and Community Services Pru Goward.

Pru Goward minister for DoCS NSW said she was shocked when she heard of the allegations.

"Community Services DoCS NSW is working closely with police during their ongoing investigations,'' Pru Goward said in a statement on Saturday.

"Community Services  DoCS NSW is legislatively required to report allegations made against an employee to the NSW Ombudsman.

"The Ombudsman will oversee the investigation of this case following police investigation.''

Pru Goward has asked the chief executive of Community Services DoCS NSW to keep her updated.

"The executives of the Department of Family and Community Services DoCS NSW understand the strength of my concern about this case,'' she said.